My favorite thing to take pictures of is scenery. So I had to put just one in. Donovan's favorite thing to do was cook things in the camp fire. Lets just say, this got to be quite dangerous. He couldn't quite grasp the concept that the cooker was hot and sharp on the end. He was roasting marshmallows later that night and almost caught Grandpa's blanket on fire.
Addison was SO excited to go swimming. She didn't believe her mom that the water was going to be super cold. This is about as far in as she got. They had fun throwing rocks in the water though. Addison and I had a throwing contest and I was shocked to see her actually throw farther than me. Donovan loved throwing rocks in the water, but he didn't love going into the water to get the rocks to throw.
We took a little hike to the cave. It usually has water in it so you have to walk on rocks to go in. This year the water was too high. It was above the rocks, so we didn't go in. Its a good thing anyway cuz I forgot the flashlight. My mom put me in charge of cooking dinner that night because she was busy trying to get millions of box elder bugs out of her trailer. We were having foil dinners and usually when we make them we put way too much food in them. So I thought I would be smart and do good portions. Well I wasn't smart enough to decrease the cooking time.

All but one of them were burnt to a crisp. And, oh ya, the mushrooms we put in...they disintegrated! Good thing Grandpa likes his dinner crispy!
1 comment:
WOW A POST!!!! Looks like fun. I think I need to go camping.
Post a Comment