Monday, September 8, 2008

My Awsome Hike

On August 16th I did the annual Fenn family hike. We hiked up Timpanoke and down Timpanogus. It is a 12 mile hike to the lake or 14 miles to the summit. We only went to the lake and that was enough to kick my butt. I was pretty sore the next day. It was fun though.


This is our group. I am in the middle(ish).

This is my shoes before the hike. Arent they nice and white?
This is one of many waterfalls along the hike.
This is at the cut off to either go to the lake or to the summit. Its Timpanogus Basin.
Here is the lake and what used to be the glacier. It has shrunk a lot. The lake is clear and beautiful. It is actually bigger than this picture makes it look. The picture doesnt do it justice.



This is a waterfall just over the other side.Here is the after picture of my shoes. Pretty dirty huh?

3 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

I wish I could say that sounds like fun, but that sounds torterous! Maybe I'm just tired, I used to love hiking.

RABarrett said...

Fun, looks so pretty. I'm gonna have to do it some time. It's about time you blogged about it!!!! Good work!

Beej & Chris said...

pretty impressive Tiff. sounds like a lot of fun!