Saturday, November 1, 2008

Corn, Pumpkins, and more Corn



Last year we visited Black Island Farms for the first time. We had so much fun that we decided to make it a family tradition. So we went again this year. They have four corn mazes. One for the little kids. Its shaped like a jack-o-lantern. You can see it in the bottom left of the corn maze picture. Then they have the two big ones and a haunted one. We didnt do the haunted one and its a good thing. The kids were scared enough just walking by it in the normal corn maze. They also have a hay ride that takes you out to the pumpkin patch. I was so sad because the batteries in my camera died right as I went to take a picture in the pumpkin patch. I had to wait to get back to the car to get new ones. So we all picked out a pumpkin to take home with us. They had some pretty big ones out there this year. They also have the courtyard that has huge slides made out of huge hay bails. I think the slides are the kids' favorite part of the whole place! They also have a huge jack-o-lantern for kids to jump in, a corn shoot, paintball shoot, train ride, a box full of corn kind of like a sandbox, a little hay maze, duck races, roping practice, animals, and bon fires. They also had pig races. Both of our kids were chosen to be volunteers to cheer pigs on. Both of their pigs won so they both won pumpkins. We ended up going home with six pumpkins! We all had a lot of fun. It is nice to be able to spend time doing things like this as a family. This is one tradition I definately want to keep going!










No comments: